PE Recoveries install Tecnova recycling line

n---tecnova-installs-big-line-at-pe-recoveries-(2-nother-view

PHOTO: PE Recoveries’ owners, Jenny & Ashley Shub and production manager, Richard Steenkamp, in front of the recently commissioned Tecnova extrusion machine

POLYETHYLENE Recoveries cc in the East Rand recently commissioned their third 130 LD 54 double vent Tecnova extruder to recycle post-consumer low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and polypropylene (PP).

The new Tecnova machine has a capacity of approximately 650kg/hr and is capable of recycling plastic scrap with a 7% moisture content. The Tecnova extruder is also capable of recycling plastic film with up to 70% print.

PE Recoveries, established 15 years ago, is a full-service plastic recycler offering nationwide services and specialising in post-consumer and post-industrial waste. The company recycles LDPE, LLDPE, PP and HDPE at its factory in Boksburg using state-of-the-art equipment and technology. The scrap plastic is sourced from waste centres, scrap dealers and manufactures.

PE Recoveries recycles approximately 800 metric tons of plastic a month.

“Now more than ever there is an enormous focus on ‘going green’. Fortunately, the green approach to business is not only good for the environment, but it also has very practical benefits for companies, especially those who generate large amounts of plastic in their manufacturing process,’ says Ashley Shub, owner of PE Recoveries.

“The 130 LD 54 double vent Tecnova extruder is extremely reliable with the latest technology in recycling and very efficient on power consumption,” he adds.

Approximately 80% of all plastic recycled at Polyethylene Recoveries cc is used to manufacture products such as bin liners, refuse bags, carrier bags, damp-proof membrane, drainage and irrigation pipes which are manufactured from both LDPE and HDPE. The remaining 20% is used to manufacturer buckets, as well as bins and planters which are manufactured from PP.

Over the years the quality, reliability and ease of use of Tecnova machines have enabled Tecnova to become a global reference with more than 3 000 machines in operation all over the world.

www.perecoveries.co.za

www.tecnovarecycling.it